7 Benefits of Eating Fish
1) Fatty Types of Fish Are The Healthiest:Fatty fish (like salmon, trout, sardines, tuna and mackerel) are higher in fat-based nutrients. This includes the fat-soluble vitamin D and high omega-3 fatty acids, To meet your omega-3 requirements, eating fatty fish at least once or twice a week is recommended.
2) Fish May Lower Your Risk of Heart Attacks and Strokes: Fish is considered by many as the best food to eat to maintain a healthy heart due to the presence of omega-3 fatty acids.
3) Fish May Increase Grey Matter in the Brain and Protect it From Age-Related Deterioration: Studies have shown that people who eat fish every week have more grey matter in the centers of the brain that regulate emotion and memory.
4) Fish May Help Prevent and Treat Depression, Making You a Happier Person:Omega-3 fatty acids can be beneficial against depression, both on their own and when taken with antidepressant medications.
5) Fish Consumption Is Linked to Reduced Risk of Autoimmune Diseases, Including Type 1 Diabetes: Several studies have found that omega-3 or fish oil consumption is linked to reduced risk of type 1 diabetes in children, as well as a form of autoimmune diabetes in adults. The results are preliminary, but researchers believe that this may be caused by the omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D in fish and fish oils.